Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Thoughts when I Give People Pencils in Class

Come on, be my friend
I’ll give you something for your hands.
You need something quite very nice
You need something that is quite worth the price

I see your essay there not complete
Oh yes, I really want to compete
Let’s be friends, here’s a pencil
Just don’t be a fool

Hey there, how’s the writing?
I bet it’s easier than cage fighting
Let me help you
This poem you’re reading is something completely new

How’s life with my pencil?
Is it grand, or is it still at a standstill?
The deadline is near, you enjoy working hard?
With my own pencil, I don’t have to work hard

With your own pencil, life is grand
See, I have my own pencil, my friend
With pencils you have the power to write
The power to say you’re nice

Come on be my friend
I’ll give you something nice for your hands

-Zackery Brandenburg 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment